Can water tank on Turtleback trailer be moved? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Can water tank on Turtleback trailer be moved?

F Camper

I really like everything about these Expedition trailers, but I don't like how high up that water container is. 42 Gallons = ~350lbs sitting pretty high above the axle. Is there any kits that will allow this to be moved down within the frame still above the axle?

I'm sure anything is possible, I don't think the frame will have enough space to offer the same storage though. You might need to go hybrid approach and partially above and rest in the frame.

That's going to be a big job. THAT said, if I were going to do the same, I would cut a hole in the floor and drop the tank down, wrap it with steel plate on bottom and save a little high gravity. You can likely gain some storage space above the tank as well.

Hey Doug, I don't think its going to be that bad. Once you cut a hole in the floor and have a new subfloor framed up to protect the tank at lower level, it's all about extending the existing plastic pipes. Sure it will take a little time, but not a horrible job.

Wonder if they will move that tank in future versions of the trailer. That CG must be pretty high on that trailer.