Can a water Rotopax be used to carry unleaded gas? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Can a water Rotopax be used to carry unleaded gas?

Nelson

I bought a couple white Rotopax from someone on Craigslist today, aside from being dirty as ever, they seem to be in good shape. I got both fora very good price of $45! I didn't need them, not water containers. But hard to turn that deal away.

My question here is if I can use these for gas, are the seals the same? I would mark them with "GAS Do Not Drink".

I was told they were the same just diffrent colors. Try to purchase new seals and see if there's a diffrent listing for water. That will tell you right off.

I personally have never tried it or even owned a Rotopax but most of my friends do. I could see the manufacture discouraging it so no one drinks from it. I on the other hand have blue fuel cans. They match my truck.

I was told once it was a very bad idea to use non red for fuel. This was so the fire department didn't assume they were water. All the fire guys I've known assume everything contains fuel, regardless of color.

That's actually a good idea. I'd like to think they are, but if I'm not going to use for water, it's not going to dissolve so just need the seal to do its thing

Pretty sure it's just the color of the plastic they are using, you should call them and ask to be sure.

Just seeing these for the first time. I will say the nozzles look legit compared to the ones my Rotopax came with!
No kidding, the two nozzles they show look like they would allow fuel to pass much quicker than my rotopax!