Buddy Heater 20lb conversion? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Buddy Heater 20lb conversion?

Sean Elias

I was just thinking about the upcoming winter season and my heating when camping. The 1lb tanks don't last long and I always need to bring 4-6 of these things just to keep warm for a single weekend. Not to mention 1lb tanks are expensive. Is there a conversion available to use a 20lb tank with these sort of heaters?

I use something like this on my stoves.
Extension hose
If it stood on the 1lb can, you may have to make a stand for it. When I had my RTT, I had a hanger for my heater near the door. I was going to run the hose outside to my 30lb tank. Never did it before i sold the tent.

Do these heaters push out a decent about of heat? Towards the end of last years winter season we came close to buying one, but never pulled the trigger because we wanted to see reviews from others. Which we never followed up with.

I dont recall the model number but I have their small tent heater. Worked great for me in my RTT.

Reactions: Zoe
I was using the 1lb like Sean, which was why I looked for a solution to my running out of propane problem.

It's just a hose, and it's sold in 10' lengths. Screw it into 20lb tank and screw other part into heater.