Braided hoses to fit? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Braided hoses to fit?

M Kesik

With so much rubbish floating around these days, it's tough to gauge who makes a quality product. With things like hoses, I don't want to mess around, go through the effort of removing old and install new only to find out the fittings or something about the hoses fails.

I would like to add some bling around my truck and want to replace all my hoses with braided ones. Who do you recommend?

Thanks for the help.

Brake or "other"?

If your getting brake hoses, Make sure you get the ones that have a Kevlar braid. This will be between the fluid tube and the steel braid. The better ones will have something like clear heat shrink over the top of the braid. This helps with abrasion.

For your cooler hoses make sure its rated for oil if its not coolant. I use compression fittings on my hoses. This make them easy to make.
If you just wanted to look cool, you can get braided shielding to go over the existing hoses and cool ends to keep the braid from coming undone at the ends. I have seen a heat shrink end that looks good if you just covered existing hoses.