Automatic PSI shut off with VIAIR 300P Air Compressor? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Automatic PSI shut off with VIAIR 300P Air Compressor?

JoJo

I just ordered this compressor and thought of a question I can't seem to find the answer. If I have my tires all aired down to 12psi and want to inflate to 42psi for example. Is there a automatic shut off feature to this compressor that will shut off automatically when it reaches the set psi?

You have to use a ViAir with "automatic" flag to get that function. Far I know is the smallest with that funactionalit the ViAir 400 Automatic.

I did sell my ViAir 440 (without automatic) because of weight and bulkiness. New I use a very lightweight and small battery driven compressor:

Akku-Luftkompressor-Kompressor-Luft-batterrie-autostop-bar-psi-luftpumpe-offroad-reisefahrzeug.JPG

Those are comming with auto shutoff:

But they are designed to press the trigger during usage. But you find enough poeple who use duct tape to keep it running (till auto shutoff)

trippin

To get this right, you want the compressor to cycle off at 42 psi?
If so you need something like this.
Switch
This one is adjustable. I have a 90psi fixed one on my system.

Never seen that before, so will that work with any air compressor?
Yes as long as you can unscrew the air outlet. You just screw in some fittings and go. "Normally" the threads are a normal metric or standard thread. This is the same thing you would have on a full size compressor.

I have a log manifold hooked to the outlet of my compressor. On the manifold is, a pressure cut off switch, a safety valve set at 120 psi and the hose leading to my air fitting.
The cut off switch controls my compressor relay. The switch's normally cant flow much power so you use them to control a relay.
To make a simple one where you kept the compressor portable, I would use a T fitting at the compressor outlet with the cut off switch in the T. Air hose out the end. Attach the relay to the compressor however you needed (Zip tie?).
If its an adjustable switch, it will shut of the compressor at what you set the switch to.
The one I have wired in shuts off the compressor at 90 psi. This is the same set up I normally run when i have ARB's and a small air tank.

I just ordered this compressor and thought of a question I can't seem to find the answer. If I have my tires all aired down to 12psi and want to inflate to 42psi for example. Is there a automatic shut off feature to this compressor that will shut off automatically when it reaches the set psi?

Why not just return it and get something that does it out of the box?