Aluminum vs steel skid plates?? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Aluminum vs steel skid plates??

RiverRat

If you are putting plates under your truck, can you get away with aluminum and not have anything to worry or should you go steel?

depends on what your bashing. some hard core guys don't like aluminum because it sticks to rocks and doesn't slide like steel. I don't do hard crawling anymore so all my skids will be aluminum.

+1

Also if you are doing moderate climing, I would go with aluminum. If you get with the right company you can get a quality product made from aluminum. Steel is just so heavy.

+1

Also if you are doing moderate climing, I would go with aluminum. If you get with the right company you can get a quality product made from aluminum. Steel is just so heavy 마나토끼 주소.
  1. Lightweight: Aluminum skid plates are typically lighter than steel ones, which can be advantageous for vehicles where weight is a concern, such as off-road trucks or rally cars.
  2. Corrosion Resistance: Aluminum is naturally resistant to corrosion, especially when treated with protective coatings. This makes aluminum skid plates suitable for use in wet or humid environments.
  3. Ease of Installation: Due to their lighter weight, aluminum skid plates may be easier to install and remove compared to steel plates, which can be beneficial for DIY enthusiasts or those who frequently need to access components under the vehicle.