Keeping black plastic parts black on your Jeep? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Keeping black plastic parts black on your Jeep?

SpaceRat

All my exterior parts on my Jeep are fading, I have tried a few products, however nothing lasts. Any suggestions on what will stick on for decent duration?

I use 303 protectant. It brings back dulled plastics and rubber, Its also a very good UV coating. When you buy it, you need to read the label carefully and get the spray for plastic/rubber. They make several types including protectant for upholstery.

I don't remember which two I use but one is for my exterior and the other for interior. The interior spray I use to keep my dash and interior plastics in good shape.

You need to be careful of some of the sprays out there. For example, Armor All has a great cleaner and protectant. The problem is the cleaner leaches out the natural oils and lubricants from plastic and rubber and replaces them with its own. IT evaporates off fast leaving nothing to protect. It also has poor UV protectant. This makes fading and cracking happen faster.

If you live in a predominantly sunny area, make sure what you choose has UV protectant.

Last edited: