Overlanding in different countries | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Overlanding in different countries

9Sean2

Tomorrow is never guaranteed and one of those things I have always wanted to do is overland in different countries. Now I know with the exception of Mexico, which I can drive to. Realistically getting my rig into different countries like Europe for example would be pricey. I'm guessing vehicles can be rented, but my question is more on the side of what chalenges did you face when overlanding in a different country? I would like to hear would you do anything different?

Never did any formal overlanding, but know you can rent overlanding rigs in different countries. As i understand Europe does not have "BLM" (Bureau of Land Management) areas like the United States, where public lands are available for various uses, including dispersed camping. In Europe, the rules for camping vary significantly by country and are generally more regulated. Many European countries offer designated camping sites rather than open public land for dispersed camping. Some countries have "Everyman's Right" or "Freedom to Roam" laws, like in Scandinavia, which allow for more liberal access to nature, including camping, but under specific rules intended to protect the environment.