35s on a 3rd Gen 4 Runner. Has anyone on here done it? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

35s on a 3rd Gen 4 Runner. Has anyone on here done it?

3rdgenwheelin

I am thinking of building up my 3rd gen 4Runner into a bit of a rockcrawler. Obviously, 35s are on the list but I am not sure how the car will fair with them. Will I start breaking CVs like there is no tomorrow? Or can they handle the weight fine. Also, what about the gearing? Any advice on this would be appreciated!

I haven't done it myself but I wouldn't think the IFS and CVs would do well with the 35s. I would search for chromoly CVs and aftermarket upper and lower control arms to ensure everything is strong enough to hold the weight

I wouldn't go beyond 33s and a 2 inch of lift if I was leaving all other components stock. From there on you are looking at changing your upper control arms, dropping the diff and carrying spares for CVs! You may be better off doing a complete solid axle swap. plenty of people have done it now so I would imagine you can find a conversion kit or a good shop that can do it