Fording depth on Sprinter? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Fording depth on Sprinter?

Hey there! The fording depth for a Sprinter van can vary depending on the specific model and year, as well as any modifications that have been made to the vehicle. Generally, most standard Sprinters are not designed for deep water fording, and the safe depth is usually around 20 inches (approximately 50 cm). However, it's always a good idea to refer to your specific vehicle's owner manual for the most accurate information. If you're planning on driving through deeper waters or frequently encounter such conditions, there are aftermarket modifications and accessories that can help improve your Sprinter's water fording capabilities. Just remember, driving through deep water can pose risks, so always proceed with caution and consider the vehicle's limits. Stay safe and happy driving!

The official fording/wading depth is only for the enigine / original vehicle state.

The parking heater or other probably optional/after market upgrade`s can lower that value.

My Landcruiser 200 had 80cm wading deep, my webasto park heating unit didnt survive 60cm.

trippin

Thanks everyone. I saw another Sprinter the other day with a snorkel on it and it had me wondering about this. Don't know if I would take one of these vans in water, at least that deep. More concerned about it floating! ha ha ha

These van s are a lot more offroad capable than many think. The only negative, which is to be expected for something of this shape is wind.