Which is better for offroad teardrop trailer suspension: Axle question | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Which is better for offroad teardrop trailer suspension: Axle question

Allie Vaughn

My husband and I are researching teardrop trailers and trying to understand which is better for suspension: solid axle or independent? We have been looking a few different brands and noticed that some have solid axles and others independent, each company swears that theirs is the best. Really need some 3rd party input.

Thank you!

Allie

Solid axles tend to be more robust and independent suspension absorbs bumps and rides better. However, when it comes to trailer I wouldn't imagine it makes the drastic difference it makes on cars. I would focus on searching around for the best reviewed trailer with the most customer satisfaction around the budget you have. If people say it works great then the type of suspension shouldn't be a deal breaker regardless.

It really depends on the quality of suspension parts being used. There are are pros and cons to each. What's the weight of the teardrop you are looking at?