Where did you mount your fire extinguisher? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Where did you mount your fire extinguisher?

Travis Craig

I've had mine just wedged under the back of my drivers seat for so long. I'm going to get a mount and the ones I saw on Amazon for Jeeps are these velcro ones and I don't like velcro. Curious on how others have their fire extinguisher stored away for quick access?

I just switched over to the small element fire extinguishers. I didn't want to pay $80 a piece for them but finally broke down. One is next to my driver seat, on the floor and the other on the driver rear pillar by my hatch.
I got tired of the larger ones being in the way. You have to mount them well enough not to become projectiles. In my entire life of going off road, I've only needed a fire extinguisher twice. Neither were my vehicle and one of the fire's, mine didn't have any pressure for some reason. Actually out of the four, only one worked. That's when i started getting them with a gauge on them.

BTW, save someone's vehicle from burning to the ground and see if they replace your fire extinguisher.

Last edited:
There are a number of really nice brackets that mount your extinguisher to the back of your seat down near the floor and out of the way. You can mount on the roll bar as well.