Transplanting running gear into a new 80 series shell | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Transplanting running gear into a new 80 series shell

Mike Brown

My old 80 series is looking pretty battered. It is full of dints, dents and rust. A few years ago I bought a non runner as a parts car but I am now thinking of transplanting all the running gear of the one I have now (running gear is fine) into the other shell. How big of a job would this be? Has someone on here done a similar thing?

I am thinking that because I already have all the parts such as wiring etc it should be a relatively straightforward job

Hey mate, nice to hear you have an 80! I would guess that this should be an easy transplant and can see no reason why it wouldn't work as long as you transfer all the parts from the old truck and only change the body and a few interior pieces.

If the engine is the same in both you might get away with not changing the wiring if the engine in yours is completely stock.

Other than that, good luck!

Hey mate, nice to hear you have an 80! I would guess that this should be an easy transplant and can see no reason why it wouldn't work as long as you transfer all the parts from the old truck and only change the body and a few interior pieces.

If the engine is the same in both you might get away with not changing the wiring if the engine in yours is completely stock.

Other than that, good luck!
Yep, that's what I though. Thank you mate!