Tactical flash light recommendations? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Tactical flash light recommendations?

Travis Craig

Hey guys, can you suggest a good tactical flash light that will fit in a pocket? My Maglight has died after 8'ish years and it's time for a new one.

Thanks!

Olight, Fenix, Zebralight, and Surefire are all good. I wouldn't recommend buying one from Amazon unless it is a brand name. Most generic flashlights on there are vastly overrated on lumen (light) output and usually not waterproof and won't last long. Some generics are pretty good, but it is the luck of the draw. If you are replacing a Maglite, maybe take a look at the Olight Baton 3 https://www.olightworld.com/product/baton3. If you want to stick with common batteries (AAA, AA, C, D), all of the previously mentioned manufacturers have something that uses them (with the possible exception of Surefire). And, if you were happy with your maglite, why not another Maglite? They have most likely upgraded them in the last 8 years.

X2 for Fenix
I started with them because, at the time they were the only ones who had usb charging. I have several of their small lights and two of their head lights.

Thanks guys. Looking these up as we speak. Speaking of which, either of you know anything about the Surefire Intellibeam 1500?

No, that's the first I've heard of the Intellibeam. Other makers have a few offerings with automatic beam adjustments, mostly for dimming as you get closer to someone/something. I haven't had one of those lights, as I prefer to have full control of the beam myself. That's just my preference. I had a coworker who had one of the auto-adjusting lights and he loved it, but it wasn't the Intellibeam. If that sounds like a useful feature for you, then go for it.