Sleeping in the back of a 90 series Land Cruiser Prado | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Sleeping in the back of a 90 series Land Cruiser Prado

PradoOverland

I prefer sleeping inside the truck as it feels safer, is more insulated and I find it more comfortable in general. However, I am thinking of how I can make this work nicely in my Prado 90. Th plan is to put an airbed back there but I need some kind of platform to place it on.

Any ideas?

Buil;d a drawer system that is the exact same hight as your seats when folded. This will provide a flat platform for the airbed to sit on

Yep, just build a platform tha is level woth the rear seats when folded and also gives some storage space underneath.

The platform can also fold when not used and the airbed stored so you practically do not loose any space in the vehicle when driving.

When camped just unfold the platform and inflate the airbed.

That's how I do it at least

I have slept in the back of my 80 series before. You do need to find a way to make the underside flat. What I did in the start is just pack all my gear under the airbed (clothes and other things I happened to take with me) and that provided me with a flat base to sleep on,

It wasn't completly flat but it did the job. I now use a platform that just levels everything out and I have also removed the rear 2nd row seats so I can easily get a double bed back there