Overlanding with Kids- how are you keeping them busy? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Overlanding with Kids- how are you keeping them busy?

Marion Carter

Any parents on this board? Figured those of us with kids would enjoy swapping stories and tips on how to keep our kido's entertained and enjoying the time out.

We have 2 boys 7 and 11 years old. The younger one is a little easier keeping entertained, but as soon as we slip out of cell service, the older one nearly shuts down with his phone. The younger one will play with a shovel and buck knife his grandfather gave him.

I'm curious to see what everyone else does to keep their kids active and enjoying the time out?

Kids are so different from when I was growing up. Mine are the same. Everything is about their tablets and phones. Happy to say a few sand toys and shuffles work magic with ours imagination. Our oldest has started making a playing with a slingshot.

Man, when I was a kid, I would be happy with a fishing rod and some bait. Or better yet a camp with a tire swing over a lake or river would be epic!