Morrflate tensix alternatives? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Morrflate tensix alternatives?

Chris B Offroad

I just watched a video by this site about this compressor. Are there any other compressors on the market that have the output that this one has? Before I pull the trigger on one of these, just starting my research.

Many thanks for the help.

Chris

Here's the spec from Morrflate on the compressor. Its odd that they have a full page of numbers and data but don't list the important data.
  • 6.5 CFM at 30 psi
  • 50% duty cycle @ ???PSI
  • Max PSI ?? It says 150 PSI "rated" but is that max compressor, or is the hose 150 psi?
  • Duty Cycle @ max PSI ???
Here's the other popular ones to compare.

ARB Twin
4.68 CFM @30 psi
100% Duty cycle @ 150 psi.

Viair 485.
3.21 CFM at 30PSI
100% Duty cycle @200psi

Here is an ARB copy some of my friends started using. I cant say how they hold up but so far so good. I cant find a website for them so I cant find real specs. Quite a few off road shops are carrying them.

EGOI​

Permanent On Board Dual Motor Air Compressor System​

6.1 CFM​

No other data.

As you can see, comparing to the two main brands, Moreflate shows a higher CFM. What bothers me is the 50% duty cycle. "IF" you can get your tires inflated fast enough, your probably not going to overheat the compressor. If your having to help your friends out at the trail head by filling their tires also, you may burn up the compressor without waiting for it to cool down.

According to Morrflate you need to turn off the compressor and cool it down at the 20 min mark. I can leave my Viair 450C, running without issue. Its also not uncommon to end up filling at least one other vehicles tires every time I go out with a group.

Something else that kind of bothers me is this.
Cut and paste from their site.
PSI is PSI.
At the pressures were filling to, the compressor shouldn't actually care about that. They also don't give what max PSI is. Based on the statement above, I would guess its not much more than 50 PSI before compressor damage occurs. If back pressure was an issue, a check valve can be installed inline. I normally add those in if I run an air tank for air lockers.

Not saying don't get one, I have friends with cheap Harbor freight compressors that seem to hold up well.

Last edited:
Just found that video, that is one serious fast inflation. So I wonder what sort of cycles or hours something like that is designed last?