How long will vehicle wrap last if truck is garaged? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How long will vehicle wrap last if truck is garaged?

GunRunner

My truck spends a good deal of time in my garage. How long should I expect a good wrap to last on the truck?

Now when I put the lift on my truck, the truck won't fit in my garage and will be outdoors. What sort of impact will this have on the life span of the wrap?

Thank you!

John

When your truck is primarily stored in a garage, a good quality wrap can last anywhere from 5 to 7 years, or even longer, assuming it's well taken care of. This lifespan is influenced by factors like the quality of the wrap material, the precision of the application, and how well it's maintained. Regular cleaning and avoiding harsh chemicals can help prolong the life of the wrap.

Now, as for keeping your truck outside after installing the lift, it's true that this might impact the wrap's lifespan. Sun exposure is one of the main factors that can degrade the wrap over time. UV rays can lead to fading and discoloration, and extreme weather conditions can potentially cause more rapid wear and tear.

That said, you can still take steps to protect the wrap. Consider investing in a good quality vehicle cover to protect it when it's parked, and try to park in shaded areas whenever possible. Applying a UV protection spray can also help minimize sun damage.

+1 Really depends on the quality of the wrap material. Assuming decent quality, 6+ years