How is it like towing a heavy caravan off road? Is it too limiting? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How is it like towing a heavy caravan off road? Is it too limiting?

Tacoadventures

I am thinking of getting an off road caravan to take onto my adventures. Nothing beats being comfy and in the bush!

My main concern with this is that these things are heavy, and large so it may hinder my ability to access remote places.

Does anyone have experience with this?

How is it like towing a big caravan off road?

I have done it in the past mate.

On normal dirt tracks it is no big deal, depending on your vehicle which I guess is a tacoma you might nearly feel it or may even not feel it at all.

However, when the traits get tight, steep or muddy you start having some real issues an there will be many instances where you may need to turn around.

That being said, there are plenty of areas such as Death Valley with dirt roads that take you well into remote territory. Such places are great for a caravan!

As mentioned above, it is limiting on tough and tight tracks but should not present any issues on the easier stuff.

Depending on where you live and what types of trails you drive it may or may not be an issue