Have you converted to all Electric and with NO Gas motors in your garage? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Have you converted to all Electric and with NO Gas motors in your garage?

Jerry Waters

Just wondering, what are you doing with that range in the back country? Are there any charging stations at trail heads as what was promised during last couple years?

If battery technology evolves more I wouldn't mind but off road the distance falls off quickly. Out of all the places I go, I only know of two that have charging stations near the trailhead but i would have to drive back each night to charge.

Not yet, still needs to cook a bit in the oven. Once they have a good 750+ mile range, I would. Before anyone questions the need for such high range, factor in a tricked out rig that is possibly towing something. That range will get eaten up fast. So give yourself a cushion.

Not yet, still needs to cook a bit in the oven. Once they have a good 750+ mile range, I would. Before anyone questions the need for such high range, factor in a tricked out rig that is possibly towing something. That range will get eaten up fast. So give yourself a cushion.

This.
All you need to do is view the tests they did last year on the ford truck towing the trailer. It was a bit dismal but common. For us, off road mileage is normally less than half highway mileage and in some cases a third of highway. Add in a small off road trailer and your done.