Gas or propane generator for overland camping/glamping? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Gas or propane generator for overland camping/glamping?

Frank Sullivan

Hey everyone. Good to be here. So we are getting into camping and live in Texas. Our summers can get very hot and humid. My wife won't go camping unless I have an air conditioner in our tent. We plan on doing long camping trips of 2 weeks at a time. So I don't mind setting up a bit more if it keeps my wife happy. I'm trying to understand which is best, gas or propane generators? From what I can see, propane generators seem to be smaller in size, but don't put out same power as gas counterparts. Is that true? What about sound, is there a difference in gas from propane?

Thank you for your help.

Frank

Oh man, go with the Champion 3400 watt generator/inverter. I have this one and HIGHLY recommend it. Jump on Amazon, and read other reviews as well.

I should add, make sure you go with the electric start one. Not sure if they offer other options. The electric start is awesome.

I was just reading on the Generac inverter generators are quieter than Honda 3300i.

If you are good with 1000w, go with the Alp generator. Got one, it's small in size and weight, priced well too. Just for light duty. I hope to see these guys come out with something larger in the future.

I second the Alp Generator ! It is perfect for light duty solo missions, I used it to charge my e-bike and various other electronics on a week long trip in Oregon!

Everything is going electric, i think during the next few years we are going to see some advancements with generators as well.