Favorite portable toilet? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Favorite portable toilet?

Truck Norris

I'm on the quest for the best Thunder Mug, Scream Chamber, The Zen Den, The throne of grace, or more commonly referred to as a "Toilet". Well an outdoor portable toilet is what I'm after.

What's crapper of choice?

reise-toilette-wc-camping.jpg

It is by far the most read article in my blog about the topic of 'toilet' - unbelievable in my eyes. :ROFLMAO:

There are three solutions around:

A.) Bury the whole with a spade
B.) foldable toilets with biodegradable bags
C.) dry separate toilet / mobile toilet

In details:

A.) It is ok for very remote areas, but a bit unconfortable. Near the civilisation and where a lot of people are travelling, we cant use this way. Because we will dig holes where other did dig their sh*t after a while. It becomes difficult on stony ground.

B.) Very comfortable, upgradeable by a popup tent. Lightweight and with small pack size. Easy handling, no cleanup. For 5 days in the nature the amount of bags will raise up. Fine if you have some trashbins nearby.

C.) Very comfortable, upgradeable by popup tent. Cleaning / handling a bit special. The amount of trash is small, because you split liquid and sh*it.

Article:

Personally I do prefere B.) in most situations. In very remote areas where there is no trash bin for days available - there C) will be handy. You can find C.) in many remote Nationalparks and on hiking tracks over the world.

trippin