Dual 100Ah vs single 200Ah battery in trailer? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Dual 100Ah vs single 200Ah battery in trailer?

I agree with max. When I upgrade my trailer batteries, I'm going to end up with 4 small ones. This is due to where I'm putting them. The only down side is more connections.

I was going to say weight and physical size, but not you all have me thinking. I wondering if charging time is less as there is only one battery that needs to be charged?

You wont notice the difference. If you look at it like water. You have a gallon and use 1/2. You still need to refill 1/2. An advantage to dual batteries is if one fails, you have another still. The reality is, if one fail's most people don't know how to test it or deal with it and its easier to deal with a single than two or more. The more you have, the more complex. I personally prefer to just deal with one. Sometimes two is preferable or necessary.

This video might be useful, it's not in a truck, but boat, but does semi address your question

Which batteries are you going to be using? That is very important part of all of this as well. Cheap batteries won't hold a charge long and discharge quicker.

I was going to say weight and physical size, but not you all have me thinking. I wondering if charging time is less as there is only one battery that needs to be charged?

Charging time would be the same, 200Ah is still 200Ah regardless of one battery or two.