Craftsman tools | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Craftsman tools

Martin Cunningham

Hey gang, I'm looking to get a seperate set of tools for my truck. Craftsman still considered a good set of tools? Are these made in USA still?

Meh..Sort of. I have a good collection of them, some dating back several decades. Their quality dropped 20 odd years ago. When they got bought out 10 odd years ago (Kmart?), the warranty went out the window. I know this from trying to get things replaced. Now that Lowes owns the tool part, the quality seems the same, the inventory is way less and I don't know if the warranty got better. They do have good tool boxes at a great price.

The tool kit I got for my Cruiser is made by Tekton. I got them on Amazon, the price is good, great reviews and I would put them against any of my craftsman and some of my higher end tools.

Tekton makes a great set of tools! So correct on Craftman tools, they aren’t the same as back in the day. My father had Craftsman and when he retired he gave them to me. So my tools are from back in the day.

I had Craftsman tools long time ago, about 11 years ago I switched to Snap-on. Craftsman has had its share of ups and downs. I feel their current tools are better than their dip, but not like the old days.