Conqueror 390 Platinum edition trailer? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Conqueror 390 Platinum edition trailer?

Cole Barth

I was reading an article on this site about Conqueror trailers. I went to google and found this website:

So a couple questions:

1. Is this sold in the USA? Seems like the stuff on that website are Australian?
2. Could a 95 Land Cruiser get away with towing one of these 390s?

Thank you

Cant answer #1 other then one of the guys I've camped with a few times has their largest one. Not sure how/where he bought it.

Looking at the link you posted, they claim a dry weight of 1500#. The question here is, does that include fridge and RTT. If it does, I will be seriously impressed how light it is, if not then around 1800#. Add in a few hundred pounds of gear, water, food and your around 2000#-2200#.

My tear drop, loaded is about 2200# and I pull it with my 96 Cruiser. My drive line is new and I didn't have it when I had a 200K mile motor and 35's. My other trailer loaded is close to 1600# and I didn't even notice it behind me with 35"s and 200k on the motor.

If your vehicle is in good shape, you shouldn't have an issue. Not sure if your year has a factory trans cooler. If not add one in. I would also add in some poly bags to your rear springs. Their air bags that fit inside your coils. I'm not too easy on my rig and the bags have been flawless.

I will say, the one I have camped with is impressive. If this one is just a smaller version, I know I would be happy.

What I really liked about the sleeping area is the whole side of the tent opens up. You don't have to go through a "tent" opening. You sleep on the top of the trailer, getting in by a short stair. If the cooking side is the same as my friends, you install the side panels on the batwing and you have a fully enclosed home to cook and eat in.

Just looked at video of one of these, love how you climb in through the back. Impressive! But the one thing I missed is complete set up time when you get to location?

I might be off, but we had been looking at these trailers last year, they are sold out of place in Arizona. But they only selling 440 and 490 here in the states.

I might be off, but we had been looking at these trailers last year, they are sold out of place in Arizona. But they only selling 440 and 490 here in the states.

They have others, I know who you are talking about. I'm pretty sure the 390 is the only one that isn't available. But they have others by same company and OBI. I spoke with these peeps a few months ago after learning of them on this board. I was told about the company, they are out of Arizona - Prescott I want to say. Or might have been Phoenix, that part I can't recall. But 100% they are out of Arizona.

I'm back in town and seeing your messages. Thanks for all the help here! Going to jump back on this later on this afternoon. Cheers!

-Cole