Checklist for camping trips? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Checklist for camping trips?

JohnSil

We just got back from a 2 week camping trip and like clock work, we always forget something. This trip there were a number of items and this has me thinking about putting a checklist together from now on. I don't want to overthink this, so just throwing this on here to see what others are using? Are you doing the old pen and paper route or is there a slick App that is straightforward to use and does a good job?

I have my gear sorted in box's, no list. I grab whatever boxes work for that trip. IE: Cold weather gear, big stoves, bigger kitchen stuff, heater, ...... Sooner or later you just know what to bring. Then its about organizing.

Remember, its not a successful trip unless you forget something. You just hope it isn't something important, like sleeping bags. Ask me how I know this.

I have my gear sorted in box's, no list. I grab whatever boxes work for that trip. IE: Cold weather gear, big stoves, bigger kitchen stuff, heater, ...... Sooner or later you just know what to bring. Then its about organizing.

Remember, its not a successful trip unless you forget something. You just hope it isn't something important, like sleeping bags. Ask me how I know this.
Great idea on the sorted boxes, actually I had/have a similar process, however my problem is that I'll take things out to clean and I forget to put them back. Ask ME how I know this! :ROFLMAO: Now I have a list that is printed on normal piece of paper and I run down through it and check off what is going with me.

I was considering a label maker list on the side of the box but then i realized I would stop looking inside them. Now you show up to camp and find you pulled something out to clean it and didn't put it back. I tend to leave my boxes in the way if I pull something out to clean. I just step around them but my wife complains so I end up quickly putting things back inside.
My boxes are assorted Plano Cases.

Ha, my wife does and she reminds me each time of how much better organized our trips have been since she started with the lists!