Buddy heaters have built in carbon dioxide detector? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Buddy heaters have built in carbon dioxide detector?

Dirt Dude

I just ordered one of these to try out and would like to know if I need to get a carbon dioxide detector, or does this heater have one built into it?

Their website says it has an "oxygen depletion sensor". So, it technically doesn't have a carbon monoxide detector built in, but the sensor it has will (mostly) fill that purpose. If there is a lot of Carbon monoxide in the air, the oxygen level will be lower, but I can't see at what level the oxygen depletion sensor trips. You can still be inhaling carbon monoxide at levels before the depletion sensor trips, and CO is cumulative. The smart thing would be to get a separate carbon monoxide detector to be safe.

+1 it does NOT have one. Some of the negatives you need to keep in mind about the Buddy Heaters include an increased risk of fire or burns due to open flame, and potential carbon monoxide buildup if not used properly with PLENTY of ventilation.