Those with camping trailer, where are you storing it? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Those with camping trailer, where are you storing it?

Lone Traveler

My wife and I have decided to get a camping trailer, something that we can use to have a roof top tent and store extra supplies to bring with us. But we just thought of something, where in the world are we going to keep this thing. We originally thought we would keep in driveway, but it turns out HOA will have a meltdown if we keep the trailer in the driveway.

Where are you storing your trailer?

My M100 is on the side of the house. It had a RTT so I kept a tarp over it. My Teardrop wont fit on the side so it lives in the garage.

Yeah. The tarp went all the way to the ground then I tied it together underneath. This protected the tires as well. The only down side was I bought cheap tarps. They only had a year lifespan out here.

We have a turn about that runs along my home and in the back. I also have a second garage that technically the trailer is stored in there when I'm not using that space.

Update: We are closing on a vacant lot that is 500 yards down the road from our house. We are building a garage that will double as office space for me. We decided on the larger space as my wife wants to get either a conversion van next year or RV as well. This will allow us to have all our toys and not worry about storing at our home!

We are looking at getting our first trailer this year, don't have one yet. I think we are going to rent a storage garage and place in there.

My Expedition trailer is tucked away in its own garage with all my other camping gear.

If you need a place to store your trailer, there are RV parks that can offer competitive rates. That could make things potentially easier for you. Just some RV places would require you to store it outside, so you will need a cover.