Cooking inside your tent policy? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Cooking inside your tent policy?

Arizona4x4

A question was asked to me this morning and then we ended up talking about this for a bit. I would like to get your opinion of this. When weather is crappy, will you cook in your tent?

I did often if it was raining. The exception was when I did backpacking. My tent had a small vestibule and my stove used unleaded gas. Later with propane it wasn't an issue. I just did it near the entrance. I also wasn't full meals. Just coffee and water for dehydrated foods.

Same here, if it's raining or just crappy outdoors, then I'll cook in tent. But I will keep windows open to keep steady airflow into the tent.

If it's raining, yeah. Do what I need to stay dry. But then again, I have an awning so will cook under that first.

Not to be captain obvious, but the moment you cook in a tent the smell never leaves the fabric. So whatever you are cooking make sure it smells good!

With the awning open? Sure absolutely. Inside with everything closed? Not exactly, that would smell so bad afterwards like the food you cooked.