Devos lights charge while in use? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Devos lights charge while in use?

I've never tried it but don't see why not. The USB C connector can be used to power small things as well as charge the light.

As soon as I get around to it, I'm adding a small solar panel to each of mine.

This post made me go to Devos web site and I found some cool accessories while i was there.
One was a motion sensor attachment. Light comes on when "things" walk through your camp at night. I already knew about the solar panel attachment. An add on battery that mounts to the top, extending its time.
lastly, there is a work light attachment so you can power/charge your light at the same time. That directly answers the above question.

I think I'm going to get the motion sensor.

Oh interesting. That could be handy for the two legged visitors. Thank you. Have you owned this light for long?

I have two and probably well over a year, maybe two. Single best camping purchase you cam make. I keep them on top of my gear. If I pull into camp at night, they rock for camp set up. We probably have ten of them in my group. They get scattered around camp and turned down while we eat. The ones that get left on are by the bathrooms normally.
There's another brand out there that has solar and removable lights. I have only seen it once and don't remember the name but, it works just as well.

The only down side is battery life if left full bright. I want to say its about an hour. There's four lamps. I normally turn on two and dim them. Now there good for 6+ hours. The external battery they sell would help that.

This post made me go to Devos web site and I found some cool accessories while i was there.
One was a motion sensor attachment. Light comes on when "things" walk through your camp at night. I already knew about the solar panel attachment. An add on battery that mounts to the top, extending its time.
lastly, there is a work light attachment so you can power/charge your light at the same time. That directly answers the above question.

I think I'm going to get the motion sensor.
Any idea how long the lights stay on when triggered?

I was looking at one of those, haven't pulled the trigger yet. Going to wait to see these guys at one of the shows to see it used in action.

Decent light, I had been speaking with the guy from this site and he said he has a review coming out on this light. One of the better lights he has tested. I had some questions about it and that's part of what he told me. Ended up ordering one. Time to see what's the deal about these lights myself.