Lift and dually kit for Sprinter | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Lift and dually kit for Sprinter

Robert

My question is two fold:

1. Looking for a solid lift kit
2. Is it possible to convert from single to dually on these vans?

Thank you. This was our first van and we are learning a few things we wish we had done from the start.

Be careful with dually kits. "If" you actually need dual real wheels, you should get a dually axle. If you just want it for the looks, go for it. The kits just add in a spacer with long studs to fit the rims. This puts more load on the outer axle bearing. It also creates a weak point.

I say this because of my experience with people doing it. I have never seen a sprinter axle but, I'm sure its the same. The people who sell you the kit don't care as long as you buy their product.

I have a sprinter in my group and it looks like its lifted a little. Not sure who's kit he used. You should research the lift's and see how far you can lift before you strain the front axle and cant align it. Most vehicles will go 1-2 inch before any issues.

So other than if you are carrying a butt load of weight, are there any other benefits of having a dually?

Nope. All you get is another set of sidewalls and better capacity. It's easy to overload an axle doing this.

So question, if your inside tire on a dually goes flat, do you need to remove the outer tire to get to it?

Thank you. After reading all your posts and further research, we are going to pass on the dually kit. But what we are looking to do is pick up another van except a 170 extended and something that doubles as toy hauler and sleeper .