Goal Zero 1500x and vibrations | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Goal Zero 1500x and vibrations

Fellow Traveler

Hey all, morning. My new 1500x just came in and I was planning on mounting this in the back of the truck. I'm pretty sure I know this answer (I'm leaning towards no negative effects) but I'm going to ask regardless.

Do these sort of batteries get messed up if you have mounted in the back of your truck and you drive over washboard roads that create horrible vibrations?

That's a good question. Several of my friends have owned these for a score of years without issue but I don't know anyone who hard mounted it.
The batteries will be fine. Any issues would be the circuit boards. I would send a message to the company and ask.

Great, thank you. I was leaning towards it being OK, but hey it only takes a few seconds to post this question and get confirmation. Thanks again I'll do just that

Interesting, I never thought about this. Our battery has always been mounted in the back, but unless you were in an impact, I don't see how this would get damaged.

It's electronics so I would be surprised these batteries have much of any shock resistance. I keep my batteries on the back seat. That way there is a little softening to the bouncing around that takes place.

Do these batteries ever go on sale? I would like to get one or one of those Jackery 2000W