What tent is this? | Page 2 | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

What tent is this?

Funny, I was just looking up possible stoves I might pick up and I think there is support from the stove inside the tent that is offering this support.

Make sure the stove pipe is the same diameter as the one here. Many will come 5" and some of these tents can only take 4".

First off, thanks for sharing this info on the London 360 Discover inflatable tent. It's a slob of a tent! I've recently been in the market for a new camping tent, and this one piqued my interest (and wifes) enough to visit the manufacturer's website (which loads slow as hell for me).

It's undoubtedly packed with features, some of which I find very intriguing, like the 360º panoramic view, the Transparent Sunroof (imagine stargazing without the dew or cold!), and the "Chimney Exit" for a camping stove. I live in a colder climate, so that's a pretty neat addition.

However, I have a few questions and potential reservations:

• Durability: They mention that it's extremely durable, but I'm wondering about the longevity of the inflatable structure, especially given how harsh some camping conditions can be. What's the expected lifespan of the tent under regular usage? This is a big one for me.
  • Inflation & Deflation: The smart valve system sounds useful, but what kind of pump is required? Is there a specific brand or type that's recommended? Additionally, what happens if there's a malfunction with the valve system when you're out in the wilderness? Actually this is a big one as well.
  • UV Resistant: The UV STANDARD 801 label is impressive, but how long does this protection last? Does it degrade over time, especially with constant sun exposure?
  • Antimicrobial Fabric: Cool, but does this degrade over time?
  • Wind, Rain, and Snow Tested: It's mentioned that the tent has been tested for various weather conditions. Do they have any stats or ratings for the wind resistance or snow load this tent can handle? If we are talking 20mph winds, why even bother?

I'm definitely intrigued by this tent, my wife likes it, and while I'm a tad skeptical about a few features (mostly around the inflatable structure and long-term durability), it looks like it might be a game-changer in the world of glamping and camping. Again if it makes my wife happy and off my back, yeah beam me up Scotty! Would love to hear from someone who has firsthand experience with it!

Bring a spare pump is what I'd do. Or get an electric pump and use the manual pump for backup.

Since seeing thread I have watched a number of videos on these tents and from what I've seen, electric pump is what most are using. Manual pump seems to inflate these sort of tents about 5-7 minutes

Yeah, well never got response from these guys so cool or not, going to pass and go with another brand. If they can’t take a few minutes and respond to buyer questions, not good in my book.

You would have too, regardless of the tent, it would blow away with strong enough wind.
Likely not, these tents a VERY heavy. Blowing away in the wind won't be much of a problem assuming this is tied down. The real problem with a company like this is trust. This company is out of Turkey, so when you buy one, will you get it? If you do, how much will it cost to get something like this shipped from Turkey?! That will be a scary thought.