Thule Offset tent? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Thule Offset tent?

Travis

OK, not sure what I think about this. I kind of like, but not sure about having that brick hanging off the back of my rig. Definitely not sure I would shell out the $4300 for it. Seems very high, even for "Thule". I was digging around for information on this and found one video showing price tag of $4300.

I can see its appeal. I also believe most would use a standard tent for less. My opinion is, their jumping on the RTT bandwagon here for people who think its cool to have one but cant/wont put one on their vehicle. It does have the ease of a RTT set up and (small) wheels so you can unhitch it and drag it to where your going to set it up.
It looks like they used a version of a hitch mounted bike rack to haul it. Buy a clamshell RTT, build an aluminum base, modify a heavy bike carrier and I bet your close to $4K to build it.

Personally I don't see much of a market.

Last edited:
True, something to consider as well is that many buy a RTT to get off the ground for safety and peace of mind. This one you are a foot or so off the ground.

Yeah I'm not feeling that, seems very well made, however just not something I think many will run out there and drop that kind of green on.

But....Look how happy the people in the video are.
4K is totally worth that happiness.
Personally, I wont own one because I like being a grumpy miser.

Not feeling this at all, seems over priced for what it is. It looks bulky on the back the car and would be a burden getting stuff in and out of the car.