Secondary fuel filter. Is it really necessary? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Secondary fuel filter. Is it really necessary?

George Redwood

I have seen plenty of videos (the majority of them from Australia) that say a secondary fuel filter is a must for remote travel to avoid water from entering your fuel pump and injectors.

Is this something that is also true in the US? If so, did any of you guys install a secondary fuel filter?

I don't think it is necessary in the US mate. We do not have areas that are as remote as in Australia. The only area where you may need it is if you are planing on driving all the way up the the artic circle. Over there you may find some properly remote fuel stations

I would also say it isn't necessary in the US mate. In Australia they have these really remote fuel stations that are actually built on dirt roads. Fuel there can get pretty old which is the main issue

It is one of those things that isn't necessary but does no harm to have. So, if you have the spare money to get it sorted then do it. It can only do good even if the fuel is clean