GoFast Camper removal when not in use? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

GoFast Camper removal when not in use?

WandereR

When it comes to having a GoFast camper, when it's not in use, how is it to remove this from your truck and store in your garage? Actually while on topic, how would it be to reinstall it on your truck for a weekend camping trip?

Your better off keeping it on your rig, those campers are something like 270lbs. Not exactly something that will be easy to take on and off. If you want something you can separate from your daily driver, look into a dedicated car, or look at getting a trailer if you want to have ability to separate.

These are meant to stay on your truck, which is why if you want one, you need to go to them to have it installed. Many other camper brands like this, operate the same way. So realistically if you don't want something like this on your daily driver, get a different daily driver or as Derek suggested, get a trailer and keep your truck clear of gear on it.

One of my buddies used a pully system to hoist his shell off his truck. Pulled out the truck, turned the shell onto its end and dropped it on furniture dollies. Now he just wheels it into the corner.

My neighbor just bought one of these and he keeps it on his truck full time. It actually doesn't take up much vertical space surprisingly.

Everyone that I know that has one of these, keeps it on their truck. Now that is just 2 friends, although another buddy is looking at one of these GFC and an Alu Cab. How often are you getting out?