Getting tires back black? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Getting tires back black?

Carlos

Seems the moment you drive your truck into any sort of mud, black tire color goes out the door. Personally I really like a tire that is midnight black, it just looks clean. Any idea how to get tires black black without having to cover in the grease spray sold in most auto stores? That stuff usually always just flings off onto your paint.

You should see what sand dunes do to them.
I started using this on my rubber and plastic.
303 protectant
I need to do the tires about 4 times a year. If I pressure wash my tires I do it after that also.
Out here I have dry sand, dirt, some mud and a ton of UV. That just destroys rubber and plastic. I also spray my weather strips, outside plastic trim including the black parts of my wife's Camaro bumper.

Hi Smritte, I was going to comment with something different to this thread, that 303 spray you recommended, how long does that last on the truck/car?

"If" I don't power wash my tires, I reapply it every three to four months. The amount of dirt time also effects it. Three trips out and I normally reapply it. I normally go out once a month, twice if I can.
For me, the tires looking good is just a bonus. I need it for the UV protection. On the rest of my vehicles rubber, it goes on around three times a year.