First time van suggestions for newcomer $135,000 budget | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

First time van suggestions for newcomer $135,000 budget

Doug E

Hey all, new here. We are new to van life and have a budget of $135,000. What can we get? We are open to new or used. Mercedes, Chevy, Ford, or ???

Please let me know what is best options.

If you want my 2 cents, Mercedes all the way. I personally like the way they drive and these vans just feel more refined.

+1 170 Mercedes Sprinter. For $135,000 I would shop used. For that money you can get yourself into a decent equipped 2019-2021. Lots of builders out there.

Vanworks, Colorado Camper Van and Sportsmobile are a few that have been around for a while.

If you re not in a rush, call around and ask who has demo units they are discounting. Many of these manufactures may have something sitting in their inventory that they would like to get out from under.

We are going to go with a 170 sprinter. Originally was considering a 144, but just so much more can be done with the 170. FYI you might want to look at demo vans from builders. We noticed many offer demo vans for sale at discounted prices because they drive them all over. So if you want deal, that could be good for you to look at.

Yeah, you gotta go with the 170 if you have the room to store it, just so much you can do with the space in these