Can i still send an SOS without my smartphone with a ZOLEO Satellite Communicator? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Can i still send an SOS without my smartphone with a ZOLEO Satellite Communicator?

Stacy H

I just got my ZOLEO communicator, but it just dawned on me if my smartphone has a dead battery, or I don't have it with me, can I still send a SOS message with it?

hmm, I am not sure. If it doesn't it may be an issue as in case of an accident your onions might brake. Also, on hikes it it nicer to leave the home in the car sometimes just to disconnect from everything but if the ZOLEO needs it that's not possible

Did you figure it out mate? I am curious to know whether it needs it or not as I am in the market for one as well!

Thank you

Damn dude, not a clue on that one. I'm using a Garmin InReach, I would assume they would. Unless Garmin changes their plans, I'll be moving elsewhere. I'm tired of paying $50 bucks a month!

I had ZOLEO and didn't like it. I was speaking to the owner of this site and he had recommended the Garmin InReach, which is what I bought last summer. Super happy with it.