ZERO BREEZE Mark 3 portable AC | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

ZERO BREEZE Mark 3 portable AC

Ken S

Interesting, you all see that Zero breeze stepped up their game with a new AC unit that puts out nearly 5400 BTU? I bought their original and thought that was the biggest POS and waste of money. Swore I wouldn't buy another product from the bone headed company. Then I read an article from this site and saw a video from the guy who runs this site talking and recommending their second mark 2 unit. So I bought it, and liked it. Now it's a bit small in the BTU category, but it worked decent in small spaces. Now they just launched this one, nearly double the power and same size? Man, tempting. Kind of sh*tty that I just bought this other one over the summer! I'm going to wait to see what others think of it before I jump on this one. Damn, looking at this, I don't think I can use the same batteries I have from the Mark 2?

I'm 99% sure the Mark 2 battery isn't going to work with the Mark 3. I'm going to research more. I was planning on getting an EcoFlow Wave 2 for the upcoming season. But this Zerobreeze looks very promising. What I don't see though is the Zerobreeze pushing out heat?

Interesting, you all see that Zero breeze stepped up their game with a new AC unit that puts out nearly 5400 BTU? I bought their original and thought that was the biggest POS and waste of money. Swore I wouldn't buy another product from the bone headed company. Then I read an article from this site and saw a video from the guy who runs this site talking and recommending their second mark 2 unit. So I bought it, and liked it. Now it's a bit small in the BTU category, but it worked decent in small spaces. Now they just launched this one, nearly double the power and same size? Man, tempting. Kind of sh*tty that I just bought this other one over the summer! I'm going to wait to see what others think of it before I jump on this one. Damn, looking at this, I don't think I can use the same batteries I have from the Mark 2?

Very similar situation. I have the original Zerobreeze, it's a glorified paper weight. I ran into Alex (guy that runs this site) at Overland west last year and this was one of the topics. Rather the Mark 2. I came close to pulling the trigger and getting a Mark 2 during all the sales, but going to hold off the new one in spring. Cold as @#$# out right now and don't need. Let's cross fingers this one actually works.

It won't be long, 2024 is right around the corner and we should start to see more information on these.

Hey GEONat, yes it does have heater built into it. But something I find curious, they say it has operating temp from 50F to 104F. I know many times it gets warmer than 104F here. So then what? The idea of this thing or having it is to stay cool. So if it's 104F plus, the thing doesn't work?

When they start shipping these, I'm picking up one. Let's hope this is better than the original!

Can something like this cool a Sprinter van when parked? What about battery consumption?

At 5200 BTU it should be able to, after all these are getting used for tents. I have the Mark II, it pulls about 200W as I recall. Who knows what this one will pull.

I have their Mark II and it's fantastic for its size. Very low energy consumption compared to EcoFlow Wave 2. However Wave 2 crushed ZeroBreeze from BTU standpoint. Not the case anymore! ZeroBreeze is a brand that is dedicated to their craft. They build portable AC units and portable AC units only vs other companies spread out all over the place. They raised the bar with the Mark III, huge win for the industry IMO.

Makes you wonder what EcoFlow will do this year with their Wave 3?

100% they will hit back. The question is how high will they go and when. The question mark I have is power consumption. I remember reading or wait it was a video from this site, the guy was talking about power consumption differences between these. It's a huge leap up to what the Wave 2 consumes as I recall.

Now let's see this compared to the Wave2. Ecoflo I bet is running around trying to figure out what they can do

A friend of mine has one of their Mark 2s being used in their van during summer months. Much more efficient to run than their roof AC unit.

Anyone been able to get in touch with Zerobreeze? I have tried twice now and no one has gotten back with me regarding my questions. :mad: