Why offroad trailers don't have carbon fiber sides? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Why offroad trailers don't have carbon fiber sides?

Randy

When it comes to offroad trailers, why not don't companies make these from carbon fiber? That would reduce something from being 3000lbs to 1000lbs? Sure a little extra cost, but it can you imagine how light that would be?

I would think it is for cost reasons. Also, carbon fibre may be strong but can easily get damage by rocks etc. So, a small nudge against a tree or rock can deem the while thing unusable and it is certainly not easy to repair

I would think it is for cost reasons. Also, carbon fibre may be strong but can easily get damage by rocks etc. So, a small nudge against a tree or rock can deem the while thing unusable and it is certainly not easy to repair
I will agree here. I am also into mountain biking and carbon frames do not like big hits on rocks. They crack instantly.

The frame you don't want made from carbon fiber, but putting aside cost, the body would benefit from carbon fiber, but the cost would be insane. But who knows with the high cost of alloys these days, it might not be AS big of a price increase.