What would you have done in this situation? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

What would you have done in this situation?

BootLeg JK

You head off grid, you need to have proper protection with you. Bottom line, it's not just the 4 legged predators you need to watch out for, it's the 2 legged ones.

Just watched that again, those guys were creeps, i hope they sent those license plate numbers to sherriff.

As much as I would like to have stood ground, I want no trouble and people like that would keep me up at night. They did the right thing.

Always always have protection, and ideally have friends with you. This could have gone different ways easily. You should also share footage with Sheriff from that area.

Seriously though, what could you do? We have proper means of security in my van, but even if you scare them off, the chance of them coming back when you are sleeping will be high. Best bet is to leave and find a new spot that is peaceful.

You head off grid, you need to have proper protection with you post. Bottom line, it's not just the 4 legged predators you need to watch out for, it's the 2 legged ones.

It sounds like you're referring to a specific situation or scenario involving some individuals behaving inappropriately or suspiciously, possibly related to license plate numbers being recorded and reported to law enforcement. If you witnessed concerning behavior or activity, especially if it involved potential criminal activity or safety concerns, it's important to report it to the appropriate authorities, such as the sheriff's office or local law enforcement agency. Providing license plate numbers and any relevant details can help authorities investigate the situation and take appropriate action if necessary. Your vigilance and willingness to report suspicious behavior can contribute to maintaining safety and security in your community.

Seriously though, what could you do? We have proper means of security in my van, but even if you scare them off, the chance of them coming back when you are sleeping will be high. Best bet is to leave and find a new spot that is peaceful.

+1 Agree

There are sad people out there who ruin it for others. As others have stated, avoid the confrontation and go to another spot.

Suspicious people like that, and they didn't have a gun. Just get up and leave. Not worth sleeping with one eye open.

100%! Although even though I do carry, I would move to another location just to prevent having to worry about those idiots coming back during the night.