What do you think about simttybiltt winches? Any good? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

What do you think about simttybiltt winches? Any good?

Xterramods

I've been wanting to buy a winch for sometime now but they all seem a bit too expensive. Smittybiltt seems to have some great prices since many people use them I wouldn't mind getting one and trying out myself.

However, I don't want something that is going to fail within a few months. Has anyone here used them before?

They used to have some issues with the modules of the winch but presumably they are fixed now. They seem to have good customer service though because they were sending new modules to everyone.

I would do some research and give them a shot. They offer warranty so you will be okay

Tough question, in kind of seems random to be honest. Some people have never had any issues with them and others have been sending control modules back and forwards to smitty built multiple times.

They say they have rectified the issues now but I am not sure. To be honest a winch is an insurance policy and you want to be sure that when you need it it's going to work. Therefore, I would pay a bit more money and go for a good quality one.