Webasto Gasoline vs Propex | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Webasto Gasoline vs Propex

Doug Bates

Starting to kick around ideas for the upcoming winter heating plan for my RTT. I don't want to go the diesel heater route and research has directed me to Webasto gasoline and Propex which of course is propane. But my question at this point, which is a better solution? If I get the Webasto can I tap that into my trucks fuel system without throwing any codes? Or are people running separate standalone fuel supply? Also, how long will at 20lb tank last in a Propex?

Not sure on the codes, I think that would be a case per case basis and be determined by the level of work done. Webasto is a good company, however most of their heaters are diesel still, I think the gas unit is still a medium that has a ways to go.

You might be better off going with Webasto, Propex has the worst customer service. If you have tried reaching them before, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Have you looked at the Planar heaters? This website has some videos reviewing these. You might want to check with them on how these compare. I'll see if I can find the video.

This is the video I could find, not the one that is full on review, but you should be able to find from here:

Hey thank you. OK, good points. Looking at these diesel heaters now. Anyone happen to know if installation is the same or different?

Webasto is made in Germany are they not? From a sound standpoint, how do these compare to others on the market?

This is the video I could find, not the one that is full on review, but you should be able to find from here:

I spoke to this dude at Overland West. That trailer is SICK. So he was telling me that the heater in the nose of that thing can be set up and running in under 90 seconds. Not including the start up process that the thing has.

Webasto is made in Germany are they not? From a sound standpoint, how do these compare to others on the market?

Webasto is super quiet. However not sure how it compares to others. You might want to check with the owner of this site, they have reviewed a number of heaters. Not sure if they have compared this one.