VELIT Gasoline/Diesel Air Heater 14000Btu??? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

VELIT Gasoline/Diesel Air Heater 14000Btu???

Dirt Dude

I'm confused with this heater, most diesel heaters use kW as measurement of size. This one says "14,000Btu" on the page, however their URL say "17,000": https://velitcamping.com/products/velit-gasoline-air-heater-17000btu

Putting aside this discrepancy, I'm after a heater that will heat a rooftop tent and annex room. I was originally searching for gas heaters and this one came up in search. Have any of you used a heater from this company? Would you happen to know the kW this heater is equivalent too?

!KW = 3412.142 btu/hr

14,000 BTU is a little over 4KW

My 5KW Vevor is 17,060.71 btu/hr

5KW is a little much for my insulated trailer but is about right for a mid sized RTT. 14K BTU would be better for me.
Reading their site it says "The Velit air heater features a proprietary combustion chamber design that increases combustion efficiency. "
Based on the shape of the overall heater, it's build like all the others. I would really like to know how theirs is diffrent. Personally, I would not want to run gasoline in one of these. The emissions would be horrible. Diesel will burn cleaner in these than gas. Gas on the other hand contains more energy. Its possible the 14k btu is diesel and the 17k is gas.

All that aside, the issue with the Chinese ones is the controllers. If their controller works properly, I would have no issue spending twice the money on this brand. The alternative is $1200 for the original German unit.

Last edited: