Trade your Jeep for a Ford Bronco? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Trade your Jeep for a Ford Bronco?

Fellow Traveler

Would you trade your Jeep for a Ford Bronco? Consider it? My neighbor just traded his 2021 Wrangler in for a Ford Bronco. Which good for him, but not sure a Bronco can fill the needs for me. He mentioned that "Jeep owners are making the switch". and claims that 2 of his buddies who owned Jeeps made the move to a Bronco. News to me. I don't know a single person who has traded in their Jeeps for a Bronco.

Would you, or have you?

I love the way it looks but, too much unproven technology for me. Also the Jeep will have parts available for it much longer. The Bronco??? If you sell it in three years sure, buy one.

But what if sales fall off and they discontinue it? The manufacture is required to keep replacement parts for 10 years. That means if your red seatbelt fails, you can get a red seat belt, but only for 5 years. The next 5 years, the part needs to be a "suitable" replacement. That means your red seatbelt fails at the 7 year mark, you may only be able to buy bright green. At the 11 year mark, you better hope there's a ton of new old stock somewhere or that part is not obtainable.

Toyota and Jeep are world market cars. So far Ford has only announced they will be selling them in Europe "soon". That makes it an American only car. I can buy most factory parts for my 96 Landcruiser. This is because they still produced the body style in South America into the 2000's. If the Bronco was a world car, not only will more parts be available but more vehicles to iron out all the bugs.

I will say again, I love the look and that's where it stops.

While I'm driving a 4Runner, back in the day I did have a Jeep and at one point I moved to Toyota, which is kind of the same direction this question is directed. Moving to another brand/model. If it makes sense to you, do it. If the new truck ticks off what you need for it to do, go for it.

While I'm driving a 4Runner, back in the day I did have a Jeep and at one point I moved to Toyota, which is kind of the same direction this question is directed. Moving to another brand/model. If it makes sense to you, do it. If the new truck ticks off what you need for it to do, go for it.

Speaking of Toyota, they have some very interesting looking trucks coming out this year and 2025!