Thor's Lightning Bolt True Dual Air Compressor 10.6 CFM | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Thor's Lightning Bolt True Dual Air Compressor 10.6 CFM

Fellow Traveler

I'm looking to get my father in law a compressor for Christmas and myself something new as well. Any of you try one of these Thor Lightning Bolt compressors? It's selling for $239 on Amazon and doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Please let me know your opinion on these things.

Big thanks!

Specs look good. It is pretty big, heavy and loud but, its a compressor. If it was quiet I would doubt the specs.
The current draw is almost 100 amps which will probably raise some when it gets hot. This will only be an issue if you solid mount it. I would run a 4 gauge wire to do that.

Im in the market for a new compressor myself. I've always had Viair but, their technology is a couple of generations old now. My current one is about 10 years old and is about worn out. If you get this, do a small write up on it.

There's a video on this websites channel, the guy that is always talking on the camera compared a morrflate compressor which looks like this red one to a via compressor. The inflate times are a lot quicker with the green compressor.

Theres another one EZ flate that is orange. Surprised someone doesn't have lawyers going after someone.

These seem to be like the lower end winch's when it comes to marketing. You start a company and want to sell a product. You contact a manufacture. They give you a couple of color options and put your name on it.
This is most likely what's happening here. No patent infringement. A few years ago at the off road show, there had to be 10 booths selling the same winch with diffrent names.

I just spent a few minutes on both sites and you can see similar terms and language used. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they are owned by the same company.

We were just talking about getting an air compressor to have in the van. Which compressor would you recommend for us?