Thinking about adding a electric chain saw to kit | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Thinking about adding a electric chain saw to kit

Truck Norris

Just got back from a week out and we came across a number of down trees. This ended up being a pain in the butt. Two of the trees were way too large to tackle with our axes. That got me thinking about going with an electric chainsaw. Those of you with an electric chain saw:

1. Where do you store it?
2. Which do you own and would you recommend it to others?

Thank you

I have a Dewalt electric chain saw. Considering the size of this thing, how long it keeps a charge, what I can do with this, it's a must have.

The only issue I have had with mine is that the oil line for the bar oiler came off the nipple and leaked oil all over the floor mat of my truck. I would recommend taking the covers off and making sure that there is a hose clamp of some kind on both ends of any oil/fluid lines inside. Other than that, make sure that you buy an extra battery and charger when you get the saw so that you can recharge one while using the other. Electric chainsaws get upgraded fairly regularly, so get any accessories or extra parts while they are available or you may find you can't get them when the upgraded model comes out.

Blackfriday is around the corner, I'm looking out for deals on Electric saw as well. Which brand you all using?

motorsaege-holz-saegen-saege-akku-kettensaege-elektrisch-batterie-handlich-lagerfeuer-008.jpg

I love my small chain saw! My review is available here: https://www.4x4tripping.com/2022/10/review-elektrische-mini-akku-kettensaege.html

Its is currently a black friday special, below 100$: https://amzn.to/3ewmc5h

trippin

I use it to prune my trees and occasionally something to bring on a trip for firewood.. The largest I cut was about 12 inch I think. I've used small gas chain saws and the power is about the same size for size. I cant say how long the battery lasts because I run out of energy before it does.

I need to get one myself. Would you keep something like this in a roof container? These don't weight much and there is no fuel.

Jump on Amazon and search for "Greenworks 80V 18" Brushless Cordless Chainsaw". It's on sale right now and this is the one I have. I have only owned it for a few months, but it's a great saw.

Jump on Amazon and search for "Greenworks 80V 18" Brushless Cordless Chainsaw". It's on sale right now and this is the one I have. I have only owned it for a few months, but it's a great saw.

Just noticed their 40V is only $30 less, strange because it's half the battery size of the 80V. Curious why there isn't a larger gap in cost?

Out of curious its, is there any temperature ranges you need to use or not use these electric chains saws in? I know many batteries don't like to be discharged or charged at certain colder temps, is that the case with these sort of electric saws?

Out of curious its, is there any temperature ranges you need to use or not use these electric chains saws in? I know many batteries don't like to be discharged or charged at certain colder temps, is that the case with these sort of electric saws?

12 to 104F