Rustic Mountain Overland Anzac Trailer | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Rustic Mountain Overland Anzac Trailer

Fellow Traveler

Hey everyone. Good to meet you. I just bought a new 2023 4door Wrangler and was talking to the dealership about wanting to get a trailer I can tow with my Jeep and go camping. Yet something that I can park in my garage or on the side of my house. The manager at the dealership emailed me a link from this websites YouTube channel on a Rustic Mountain Overland Anzac. OK this damn thing looks legit. But I have some questions and was hoping to be able to read more on this trailer, however I don't see much user reviews out there on this trailer. Hopefully someone here can help me out:

1. Can this fit in a standard garage?
2. Is there room in the front of this to put (3) 100 aH batteries?
3. How comfortable are the mattresses in those GFC tents (thats what this thing has on top of it).
4. Possible to match wheels from Jeep on these sort of trailers?

Well those are a few of my immediate questions, if you can help me out that would be incredible.

Cheers and thanks!

Chris

I don't think that is going to fit into a garage, that looks pretty tall. Front will easily hold those 3 batteries, do you plan on adding solar? I have no clue on the last two questions, but will add, it's a sweet looking trailer.

+1 way to tall, but the front has plenty of room. You should send the company a message or this website a message regarding the other items on your list.

Looking at their site, they don't give the info you need. Measure your garage and email them. My trailer is 6.5 foot wide at the wheels and just shy of 7 foot tall. I have about 6" clearance on my garage door.

Depending on where you want to pull this (what you consider off road), will determine if this build is a good fit. I personally don't like the axle that far back. Thats going to mean a huge tongue weight. Your rear suspension will hate you off road unless the weight behind the axle is enough to balance it. Again, no spec. The suspension listed has a 2500 pound limit. They don't show the weight of the trailer. Odds are its close to that before you add batteries and gear. They claim a Timbren axle. In the 2500 pound, in the 2500 pound axle, Timberland only offers 1 lug option @ 5X4.5. I believe your is 5x5 (someone correct me). That would mean your running adaptors.

Not seeing a full spec sheet listed makes me wary. I also don't like the axle rating. I build my own trailers and have pulled them all over for decades. I've seen what's on the market and most don't impress. Research the crap out of it. There's a number of quality trailers out there and a huge number of junk. I cant say either way with this one because I haven't seen one in person. During your research you need to find where people have owned and used them for at least 2 years. Most of the junk falls apart after the first year.

Two of the good ones that comes to mind are Hiker Trailer and Off Grid Trailers. Very good builds and designed for dirt. Most off road trailer manufactures build street trailers. lift them and sell them as off road. It's not the same.

Sorry I cant give personal experience with the trailer. Other people may chime in with their trailers and experience.

Just watched that video, so is this thing classified as a RV? Seeing that you can sleep and have a downstairs. But where would put kitchen and does this have water storage?

Set a 270 awning on that thing and set up kitchen on some tables under it like an actual room
I don't think that would work, those side doors that open upwards would hit any sort of awning. Unless you keep the cide closed. But then again the back one would hit. Yeah, lightly no go on the 270.

I just Googled this company to see what you talking about, you know they have a smaller trailer called the 'Patrol'. If you need someething to fit in your garage, you might want to consider that one.

So we have narrowed down the trailers we are considering and this is one of them. Would any of you know if you can fit 35" tires on that trailer and still have room to not rub?