RIGd Supply -- Warranty Issue? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

RIGd Supply -- Warranty Issue?

whiten44

Hey guys, I just want to share an experience I am going through with RIGd Supply and I am curious how others perceive the situation. I really enjoy RIGd Supply products, but I feel a little left in the dark by their customer service on an issue I am having.

I purchased an UltraSwing, FrontRunner camp table and their fabricated mount -- which connects the FrontRunner table to the UltraSwing. RIGd states on their website that they offer a "Ramble For Life Warranty" which says in short, "RiGd Supply offers a limited lifetime warranty on the structure of each RiGd Supply product to the original purchaser." The total cost was a few hundred dollars.

Well, the fabricated mount that connects the table to the UltraSwing snapped in two places after a year of use. It wasn't designed in the best way, but they were having to compensate for mounting another company's table (FrontRunner). They have since discontinued the mount, don't sell FrontRunner tables, and sell their own table setup in the "Ultra Table" with a new bracket system to connect it to the UltraSwing. The new system is designed much better and looks like it wouldn't have integrity issues.

I call in to request a warranty repair or replacement on the bracket. I am told that they will not warranty the bracket in terms of repair/replacement, and will refund me the cost of it (somewhere around $70-80). RIGd says that since the bracket is no longer fabricated and is discontinued, they can't replace it and they will not repair it. The FrontRunner table is just fine, and cost me somewhere around $200. I just can't use it now since I have no bracket.

I was offered 10, then 15, then 25% off the purchase of a UltraTable which retails for $400. Again, I have a just fine table in the FrontRunner table, which they sold me. Just no way to mount it, and they are basically saying I'm out of luck on their bracket. It is difficult to want to bite on that offer, and I feel a little left in the dust here with their warranty process/customer service.

Yes, I could take it somewhere and get it welded (it would likely snap again, it is really not designed well). I feel like a company I spent quite a bit of coin on should be offering more than a "Sorry about the bracket, here's a discount on a new and improved table."

Your saying the bracket that mounts the table to your swing out broke?
I've seen a number of those tables mounted. It didn't seem that difficult. Maybe have a fab shop whip up a bracket. Shouldn't be that expensive.

Is this bracket something you can have made elsewhere? Actually do you have a photo you can share?

Wait is your original one still covered under warranty?

So yes, the bracket was fabricated by RIGd, for use in mounting the FrontRunner tailgate table to their UltraSwing product. They have since gone away from the bracket/FrontRunner table and make their own complete system. UltraSwing > bracket > FrontRunner table. Bracket broken, can't mount the table.

Why I feel bothered by it all, is they claim to offer a lifetime warranty on their products. Yes, it is a simple bracket that I could probably get welded somewhere and pay out of pocket for it. Instead, I'm being told they will refund the cost of the bracket and give me a discount on their $400 table. I have a working table, which they sold me/didn't manufacture, and I just can't mount it since they 'Don't make the bracket anymore.'

Perhaps they realized the same that you are first hand and that's why they pulled it from what offer. They can't produce more, so best thing they can offer is refund and offer discount on something new. Not something we enjoy to hear, but it happens. Believe me, I would be ticked off too at the circumstances.